PH, China may revive 5-year
Agriculture Secretary Manny Piñol said China is lifting the ban on Philippine banana and pineapple exports, two weeks ahead of President Rodrigo Duterte’s state visit.
In a post on his Facebook page, Piñol said China’s ambassador to the country Zhao Jianhua also informed the agriculture department that China will also be opening up its market to other high value crops such as mangoes, coconut, dragon fruit, Lapulapu, crabs, shrimps, prawns, tuna and bangus.
Piñol said Zhao recently visited his department and met with Agriculture Undersecretary Bernadette Romulo-Puyat and said that Philippine farm products will soon be sold in major cities in China.
“The Chinese government indicated that it would also increase the volume of bananas, pineapples and other agricultural products that it is importing from the Philippines,” Piñol said.
The companies that will benefit from the lifting of the ban are:
· Banana Brothers, Inc.
· Evita Banana Trading Company, Inc.
· Nader and Ibrahim S/O Hassan Phils., Inc.
· Tagum Agricultural Development Trade Co., Inc.
· TVEM Links International Co.
· Stanfilco Division of DOLE Philippines, Inc.
· Phil pack
· Continental Farm Corporation
· Lapanday Diversified Products Corporations