Top 7 agriculturist schools
A total of 4,314 students from 215 schools took the agriculturist board examinations held last October, with more than 10 schools reporting a 100-percent passing rate. Our top 7 list of schools for agriculturist is not bound to a 100-percent passing rate as we also take into account the number of topnotchers in the board as well as the number of students of the school that took the exam.
Here’s our top 7 agriculturist schools:
1. University of the Philippines-Los Baños (it may not have a 100-percent passing rate but it nine of its students made it to the top 10)
2. Central Mindanao State University had two in the top 10 this year although it reported only a 40-percent passing rate, with 187 of 467 students making the cut.
3. Pampanga State Agricultural University produced the topnotcher in the last board exams but only 18 of its 56 students qualifying to be an agriculturist for a 32-percent passing rate.
4. Cebu Technological University-Tuburan produced a second placer and had a 47-percent passing rate with eight of 17 students hurdling the exams.
5. Cavite State University –Don Severino Agricultural College produced a sixth placer and had 26 of 35 students making the grade for a 74-percent passing grade.
6. University of Southern Mindanao-Kabacan also produced a sixth placer but its passing rate was only 37 percent with 134 of 359 students making the cut.
7. Catanduanes State University-Panganiban produced the lone third placer but only nine out of its 56 students qualified to be agriculturists for a passing rate of only 18 percent.