Mar 31, 2017 @ 19:53
Buy1-take1 on Mac&cheese, TimTams, Kewpie dressings & more at South Supermarket Alabang
Tuesday is my usual grocery day but I was out earlier this week so I only got to do it today. I was hoping to get the Kraft grated parmesan cheese that was on specials at buy-one-take-one last week. I didn’t get it because they were still working on the price tags when I was there. There were four boxes of the bottles that were as big as the imported mayonnaise jars. They also had boxes of the thin carton cylinders of it. I don’t like keeping people in the cashier line waiting and I don’t like waiting for them to find someone who can tell us the price. I left it then. When I got back today, it was all gone.
Oh well. I still wasn’t disappointed. There were other stuff on buy-one-take-one at South Supermarket Alabang:
- the 267-gram boxes of Kraft’s Velveeta Mac & cheese (shell macaroni and rotini) cost P173 which means that a box costs just P86.50
- the 48-gram packs of Stikko fingers vanilla cost P8.90 that translates to just P4.45 a pack
- the 800-gram packs of dark chocolate TimTams were at P178.85 which means that a pack costs only P89.43
- the 78-gram cups of Umpqua oats cost P99 that translates to just P49.50 a cup. It also comes in five flavors–fruit&nut, apple-cranberry-cinnamon, vanilla-almond crunch, triple berry, and maple pecan
- the 85-gram packs of Next dark chocolate pretzels were at P126.50 which means that a pack is just P63.25
- the 34-gram packs of Crunchies dried mixed fruits were at P231 that translates to just P115.50 a pack
- small bottles of Kewpie lime & perilla dressing were at P152.95 that translates to just P76.50 a bottle
- and the big bottles of Kewpie spicy cheese dressing were at P460 that effectively goes down to just P230
Just remember that when you buy items on specials, it is nearing the expiry date. So, don’t be selfish and don’t hoard. Just buy enough that you can finish. If you miss the expiry date, you don’t have to throw it away right away. Manufacturers give themselves a margin when it comes to these things. Depending on the ingredients, you can eat it even after a month after the expiration date.