Sunday 24 June
Powered by Ajaxy
Sep 27, 2017 @ 22:00

‘Safe-to- eat cookie’ cookie dough shop sued for food poisoning

Dō, a famous New York raw cookie dough shop that made headlines for selling safe-to- eat cookie, is now being sued for causing food poisoning.

The complaint comes from Julia Canigiania and lauren Byrne who ate at the establishment. Canigiani got a cookie dough ice cream, while Byrne got a MM cookied
dough ice cream sandwich. Canigiani got sick after a few minutes, experiencing stomach pains, nausea, and diarrhea. Byrne suffered the same symptoms.

To prove their case, two plaintiffs also cited eight Yelp reviews claiming that the store caused people to get sick.

Dō claims that their products are perfectly safe to consume and that they stand behind their claims. Their dough is made with heat-treated flour and pasteurized egg, which should eliminate primary food safety concerns regarding food-borne pathogens.

It is not clear if the plaintiffs may have gotten poisoning from other mean, but if the plaintiffs win the case, it can cost Do 5 million, which is what the lawsuit claims is the “aggregate amount in controversy.”


Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2018 - Latest News on Celebrities, Politikos and Businessmen that loves food!.