Monday 23 July
Powered by Ajaxy
Nov 1, 2017 @ 9:39

Fast-food chains most number of workers in country’s formal sector

Fast-food chains have dominated the formal sector in terms of employment, generating more jobs than other industries in the country since 2015.

A data from the Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA) showed that among industries, fast-food chains employed the most number of workers in the country with 130,304.

Restaurants came in second with 116,556 workers of the total, while hotels and motels followed with 62,392 workers or 14.4 percent.

All in all, hospitality sector generated total employment of 433,260 workers in 2015. Paid employees constituted 425,094 or 98.1 percent and the remaining 8,165 or 1.9 percent were working owners and unpaid workers.

Six industries of the sector also surpassed the national average of workers per establishment in 2015: resort hotels, 32 workers per establishment; fast-food chains, 29 workers per establishment; hotels and motels, 27 workers per establishment; event catering, 20 workers per establishment; restaurants, 18 workers per establishment; condotels, 17 workers per establishment.


Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2018 - Latest News on Celebrities, Politikos and Businessmen that loves food!.