Dog owners reminded to keep their pets away from chocolate
It’s been said over and over again. Yet, when the threat seems so farfetched we don’t actually mind them.
A veterinarian in Cairns is reminding dog owners again that chocolates are bad for pets.
Hayden Smith of The Cairns Post wrote that dogs dosed up on chocolate is still one of the main things that are keeping veterinarians in Cairns busy.
Emergency Vets 24/7 co-owner Dr Richard Page was cited in the same report, saying chocolate poisonings had kept his staff quite busy since December 25.
According to him, if dogs eat enough chocolate, it can be toxic enough to kill them.
“We try and remove as much as we can, by making them vomit within the first few hours, but after that it’s about managing the symptoms,” Page said.