Thursday 24 May
Powered by Ajaxy
Apr 18, 2018 @ 14:23

Maynilad claims to keep on getting less of raw water sharing deal with Manila Water

Maynilad Water Services Inc. is still appealing to the Metropolitan Waterworks and Sewerage System (MWSS) to have Manila Water restore Maynilad’s 60 percent share of their raw water allocation so it can refill the Bagbag Reservoir and stabilize water service for its customers.

As of Monday, Maynilad said its La Mesa Treatment Plants only received an average of 2,305 million liters per day (MLD) of raw water.

Maynilad needs to get a minimum of 2,360 MLD of raw water so it can maintain the level of stored water in its Bagbag Reservoir and prevent service levels for its customers to be affected.

Maynilad pointed out that it is entitled to 60 percent of raw water from the Ipo Dam, while Manila Water gets the remaining 40 percent. However, since April 1, Maynilad said it has been getting less than the 60 percent raw water allocation that it is entitled to receive. This depleted Maynilad’s stored water in the Bagbag Reservoir.

Because of this, some Maynilad customers will still experience low pressure to no water supply until today.

Meantime, Maynilad is advising affected customers to store enough water during times of the day when supply is available. It will continue to have its mobile water tankers on standby, ready to deliver potable water to affected areas.

“Maynilad will announce different service interruption schedules on a daily basis until it is able to receive its proper raw water allocation. Please stand by for updates,” the company said.



 

Trending News

Recommended on sister sites

Copyright © 2018 Foodevolution.com.ph - Latest News on Celebrities, Politikos and Businessmen that loves food!. TechCellar.com