How to make pudding based on Jennifer Garner’s ‘Pretend Cooking Show’
There goes hollywood actress Jennifer Garner again in her “pretend cooking show”, this time with her “basic delicious chocolate pudding”.
Jennifer has been sharing her cooking experience on Instagram lately and we’re all loving it.
She also uses this funny hashtags: #notaprettybaker #PretendCookingShow.
“Today we’re talking pudding, people. Basic, delicious chocolate pudding. It’s easy to make, relatively healthy, and you will absolutely love it. Your kids will love it,” Jennifer wrote.
“If anyone tries this non-dairy milks and has success, please let me know,” she added.
Just in case, here’s how to make Jennifer’s version of Smitten Kitchen’s Best Chocolate Pudding:
-1/4 cup cornstarch
-1/2 cup sugar
-1/8 teaspoon salt
-3 cups whole milk
-6 ounces semi- or bittersweet chocolate, coarsely chopped (or 1 cup good chocolate chips)
-1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1. Combine the cornstarch, sugar and salt in a medium saucepan
2. Slowly whisk in the milk, in a thin stream at first so lumps don’t form, then more quickly once the cornstarch mixture is smoothly incorporatexd.
3. Place over medium-low heat and stir occasionally, scraping the bottom and sides. Whisk as necesarry should lumps form.
4. After 10 minutes or so (slower over low heat is better, to give the cornstarch time to cook, before it starts to simmer, the mixture should begin to thicken, enough that it will coat the back of a spoon.
5. Add the chocolate, and continue stirring for another 2 to 4 minutes, until chocolate is fully incorporated and mixture is quite thick.
6. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
7. If you’re concerned about lumps: run the mixture through a fine-mesh strainer.
8. Distribute among individual pudding cups or one large serving bowl, chill in the refrigerator until it is cool and set, about two to three hours.
9. If you dislike pudding skin, put plastic wrap on top of the pudding and smooth it gently against the surface before refrigirating.
10. Pudding is good for three days in the fridge. It won’t last that long.