Impress your friends with this melt in your mouth braised pork belly recipe
Want a killer recipe to impress your guests at your next party? How about impressing them with this tried and tested braised pork belly recipe that is super moist and tender it will melt in your mouth.
NTD recently shared a feature on the classic Chinese dish also known as Dong Po Rou and its pretty manageable to make on your own if you really set your mind to it.
For this recipe, you will need about 1 kilo of Pork Belly, 1000g (35 oz) of Cooking Wine, 200g (7 oz) of Soy Sauce, 150g (5 oz) of Rock Sugar, 300g (10.5 oz) of Green Onion, 300g (10.5 oz) of Ginger, 300g (10.5 oz) of Garlic and a piece of bamboo net.
According to the recipe, you need to follow five steps only before the meal is ready to serve.
1. Remove hair on pork skin. Heat up wok. When its hot, put in pork belly with skin side down and push it against wok bottom to burn hair on it.
2. Add water, immerse pork in water, bring to boil for a few minutes, then turn it over. Keep it boiling for a few more minutes to remove the blood on the meat. Take it out and drain water.
3. Cut pork into smaller pieces.
4. In a wok, layer the bamboo net, green onion, ginger and pork pieces on top with skin side down. Then add in all other ingredients, cover and simmer for 90 minutes.
5. Put meat and sauce in clay bowl, steam for 3 hours. It takes a bit of time but its totally worth it. Yumminess after all, is worth the extra effort.